Customization Feedback

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2007 at 5:32 PM
Please post all feedback on this solution starter here, not deployement issues.
Jun 24, 2008 at 8:52 AM

Hi,

The event handler will only submit assignments where the actual value lines are greater than zero ( timesheetDS.Lines[i].TS_LINE_ACT_SUM_VALUE > 0 ),  why is this?
If you have saved (and submitted) hours in your Timesheet and you want to correct them by making them 0 because you made a mistake they will not be submitted/updated!

Please let me know your idea about this check,
Piet

class

StatusingPSI

{

/// <summary>

/// Get list of assignments to submit

/// </summary>

/// <param name="timesheetDS">Timesheet dataset</param>

/// <returns>List of assignements</returns>

public static List<Guid> SubmitStatus(TimesheetWS.TimesheetDataSet timesheetDS, AppLog appLog, bool logEvents)

{

List<Guid> assignments = new List<Guid>();

StatusingWS.StatusingDataSet statDS =

new StatusingWS.StatusingDataSet();

for (int i = 0; i < timesheetDS.Lines.Count; i++)

{

if ((timesheetDS.Lines[i].TS_LINE_VALIDATION_TYPE == (int)TimesheetEnum.ValidationType.Verified) &&

(timesheetDS.Lines[i].TS_LINE_ACT_SUM_VALUE > 0))

{

assignments.Add(timesheetDS.Lines[i].ASSN_UID);

if (logEvents)

{

decimal hours = timesheetDS.Lines[i].TS_LINE_ACT_SUM_VALUE / 60000;

appLog.WriteLine(

string.Format(" Timesheet line: {0}; Project: {1}; Assignement: {2}; Actual Work: {3}", i,

timesheetDS.Lines[i].TS_LINE_CACHED_PROJ_NAME,

timesheetDS.Lines[i].TS_LINE_CACHED_ASSIGN_NAME,

hours.ToString(

"N2")));

}

}

}

return assignments;

}

}

Apr 8, 2009 at 7:50 AM

Dear Chris,

Like Piet Vanderwerf also mentioned, the event handler generates only assignments for those timesheet entries which contain actual work values greather than 0. In case of corrections, they are not updating task updates in case:

1. Actual work has been changed into an empty value (by pressing DEL) within the Timesheet. This results into nothing at all within My Tasks so no submitted task update will be produced for this correction.
  2. Actual work has been changed into 0 within the timesheet, without entering another actual work value on the same task on another day in that period. After saving the timesheet, you see an empty value, but in the background, the 0 value is submitted to the task since you can see this change in MyTasks (remaining work has been corrected). However... still no submitted task update for this situation. If you enter / change (decrease, increase, not making it 0 or empty) actual work for the same task on another day in the same period, it seems to work fine.

Is it possible to change the next line of code

if ((timesheetDS.Lines[i].TS_LINE_VALIDATION_TYPE == (int)TimesheetEnum.ValidationType.Verified) &&

(timesheetDS.Lines[i].TS_LINE_ACT_SUM_VALUE > 0))

into this:

(timesheetDS.Lines[i].TS_LINE_ACT_SUM_VALUE   >= 0  ))

or to remove " (timesheetDS.Lines[i].TS_LINE_ACT_SUM_VALUE> 0)" completely? Or would that have negative impact on for instance all timesheet entries which are left blank, when generating task updates?

Thanks for your reply.

André Stolk
DBS Project BV
The Netherlands

Apr 14, 2009 at 9:40 AM
Hi,

I'm am currently setting up project server 2007 and have decided to use the EPM timesheet and statusing because the process flow for the timesheet is too tedious.
Here are the steps that is needed to complete the timesheet activity:

1)      1)Create timesheets and fill in time sheets + submit for approvals (no change)<o:p></o:p>

2)      2)Import timesheet to My Tasks to update work plan (step is automated now)<o:p></o:p>

3)      3)Approval of Timesheets by Project Manager (no change)<o:p></o:p>

4)      4)Submission of My Tasks to Project Manager (no change)<o:p></o:p>

5)      5)Approval by Project Manager to update work plan with tasks (no change)

I have successfully deployed the Microsoft.EPM.Events.TimesheetEvent.dll and the flow is simplified by automating step 2)

What we would like is to automate step 4) and 5)

Could you advise me on how to do it? and if  there is a need to use other tools to achive this? 

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Edited Mar 22, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Hi Amirhj,

I am New to PS2007 administration. I am trying to Make the 2nd Step to be automated (Import Timesheet to My Task to update Work Plan). But I stuck up with the Input parameters in the TS.ImportTimesheet. I included the below webservices to make it done. But i am not able to import the Timesheet for the Period.

WebServices Included in the Application: Login, Admin, Timesheet.

Could you please advise me on this issue to resolve. It is a big gap between the Issue posted date and the current date. Help me to make the import Timesheet automated one.

Thanks.

May 31, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Did somebody try updaing the code to ">0" to ">=0". Is there a way to flow down the 0 hours from timesheet to the plan?? Help please.....